What is Lung Cancer?
There are two types of lung cancer:
Benign - this type of cancer is where a tumor stops growing and stays in one spot. The mutated cells stay concentrated in one area of the lung.
Malignant - this type of cancer is just the opposite of benign. When tumors become malignant the cancer cells spread to other parts of the body and attack good tissue. This is obviously the worse of the two types of cancer, much harder to control.
These cancerous tumors interfere with the main function of the lung, which is to provide the bloodstream with oxygen to be carried to the entire body. Lung cancer is called "primary" if the cancer originates in the lungs and "secondary" if it originates elsewhere in the body but has metastasized to the lungs. These two types are considered different cancers from diagnostic and treatment perspectives.
What Causes Lung Cancer?
Most lung cancer is the result of inhaling carcinogenic substances. These toxins cause cell mutation, these mutated cells overtake your normal functioning cells and this is the beginning of cancer.
Because your lungs are oxygenation filters for blood, you lungs are susceptible to cancer when your inhale certain toxins. Mesothleoma is a form of lung disease related to asbestos. This is a specific form of lung cancer. If contracted, the end result of both lung cancer types are the same, lung cell destruction.
When a substance is classified as a carcinogen it means these substances are damaging to your DNA. Lets list a few of these substances:
- Radiation - x-rays, the sun
- Car Exhaust Fumes
- Certain Manufacturing Chemicals
Smoking, second hand smoke and inhaling smoke is responsible for 85% of lung cancer cases.This number is reduced if you quit smoking, but never eliminated once damage is done to your lungs.
Each person is different. In the beginning stages lung cancer symptoms may vary. It depends on the size of the tumor, location, if it has spread, it can take years before it's detected. Here are are a few general signs to look for:
- Persistent or intense coughing
- Pain in the chest shoulder, or back from coughing
- Changes in color of the mucus that is coughed up from the lower airways (sputum)
- Difficulty breathing and swallowing
- Hoarseness of the voice
- Harsh sounds while breathing (stridor)
- Chronic bronchitis or pneumonia
- Coughing up blood, or blood in the sputum
In the early stages lung cancer cells can spread and use your body's energy. The warning signs can be confused with other common ailments such as::
- Unexplained weight loss
- Pain in joints or bones
- Problems with brain function and memory
- Swelling in the neck or face
- General weakness
- Bleeding and blood clots
Besides chest x-rays and scans there are a wide range of other tests you can have for lung cancer. This is something you should talk to your doctor about along with giving your reasons you want to be tested.
We always look for natural, alternative treatments. You already know the medical treatments: Radiation, Chemotherapy, Surgery.
People with lung caner experience shortness of breath, here are a few suggestions to relieve the stress:
- Relax - listen to music or meditate. Fear and anxiety result from feeling short of breath, combat those fears by finding activities or methods to stay relaxed.
- Focus - the felling of shortness of breath causes anxiety. If you can focus on controlling your breathing, this will take your mind out of panic mode and give back control. Try breathing through pursed lips and pacing your breaths with your activity.
- Save your energy for what's important. If you're short of breath, you may become tired easily. Cut out the nonessential tasks from your day so that you can save your energy for what needs to be done.
- Lower the room temperature. A cooler room may make it feel easier to breathe.
- Find a Window - shortness of breath makes you feel closed in. Go outside or find a window where you feel less closed in, take deep breaths where you will feel more open space. i
- Use a Fan - blowing air in your face can make breathing easier.
Natural, Homeopathic Treatments
You want to proceed with caution when searching for alternative treatments. You also want to keep your doctor informed about any alternatives you are thinking to try.
There are many sound, long term homeopathic treatments available. The guidance of a certified homeopathic practitioner is advised. On the other hand, there are some natural remedies that help some people and hurt others. There also are many to choose from, to many to list here.
Even thought lung cancer is a serious disease, your body has amazing healing power if you give it what it needs. Look at all the alternatives, success has come to people using both modern and alternative treatments.
For your convenience we have provided a link Here, you can start looking at some alternative options Now!